Wednesday 10 June 2015

Tale of Seven Gamers: Chaos Space Marines

The main reason I have started this blog is for the Tale of Seven Games. In which I have decided to do Chaos Space Marines. A Tale of Gamers is where you each chose an codex, you have to build a 500 point list for the first month (or 3 months for our tale, this may change to 2 after the first 3), then every month the points increase by 250 points until you reach 1500. To win the tale you have to win points, you win points by winning games every section and by painting your army every section. Point are kinda simple, 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. Then for painting its 9 points for completion of the painting for each round. 5 points will be awarded for more then 50% completion. The whole point of the tale is to have a 1500 point army completed by the end.

The tale I am taking part in is with members of the MAD Wargames club, the armies included are My Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, (The New) Space Marines, Dark Angels, Deamons, Necrons and Tau (by our very own Nick from The Burning Eye you can see his progress on there). I love the range of different armies here, means people are not going to build there list to fight just one armies (however 4 armies there with 3+ saves is a factor).


Be for we started the tale I had pretty much decided on what I wanted to do for my Chaos Space Marines. So I decided to build a 1500 list (the final goal) and work from there for the 4 other lists needed to get to that list.

So here is the 500 point list for round 1.

A Level 3 Sorcerer with Force Axe and the Allure of Dark Glory. He joins a unit of Chaos Space Marines with a Melta Gun. The Champion has a Combi-Melta and a Power Sword, the marines have the Mark of Nurgle and are in a Rhino. Then the rest of the klist is Armour baby, with a Helbrute (no upgrades and a Mulerfiend (again no upgrades). (For round one we arre allowed to take only one troop choice and stay bound.)

There was a Heldrake in the first list however I decided that may be a little unfair to begin with.

So there we go an introduction into the Tale of Seven gamers, hoping to have my first match with them this week. This blog will keep you up to date with my painting along with the results of my games, hopefully including a battle report of said game.

No comments:

Post a Comment